Since 1965, Teen Challenge Phoenix has been combating the drug and alcohol problem in our state with amazing results. Now there are over 1000 Teen Challenge Centers worldwide, helping not only teens but also adults with life-controlling problems, mainly in the areas of drug and alcohol abuse.
To provide families, adults and youth with an effective faith-based solution to life-controlling drug and alcohol problems, in order to become productive members of society. By applying biblical principles, Teen Challenge Phoenix endeavors to help individuals become mentally-sound, emotionally-balanced, socially-adjusted, physically-well, and spiritually-alive.
When contacting Teen Challenge Phoenix for assistance, it is important that the individual who is seeking help contact the intake coordinator. There will be an application process, including paperwork, an interview and a health screening. There also is a open house every Thursdays at 7:00pm and Saturdays at 11:00am here at Teen Challenge Phoenix. Families and individuals are welcome to come and tour the facility, talk with the intake coordinator, speak with staff and current students. Please call (602) 271-4084 if you have any questions, we are here to help!
Our programs have been developed to encourage the student to cope with everyday life issues. Teen Challenge Phoenix is a 13 month residential treatment program. Students typically rise early and have little free time, due to a busy schedule of:
- Discipleship Training
- Work Projects
- Meal Times
- Chapel Services
- Bible Reading
- Recreational Activities
Lives are transformed at Teen Challenge Phoenix by the power of God that is stronger than the bonds of addiction. Teen Challenge helps the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational challenges to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: Teen Challenge Phoenix knows that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Bible studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs–a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc–are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: Teen Challenge has developed a curriculum specifically designed to teach students about God and help them develop the skills required for them to become successful members of society.
Life after Teen Challenge
Upon graduation, students are made aware of educational and ministry opportunities in their local community colleges and churches. Although pursuing higher education has obvious benefits for any individual, it is vital that the Church has a place for those in the after care process. Continuing involvement in the local church is critical to the on-going development of any believer, especially those who have come through the battleground of addiction.